The Miss Vietnam of Southern California (MVSC) or Hoa Khôi Liên Trường (HKLT) is a prestigious Vietnamese American Cultural & Scholastic Pageant hosted by the Union of Vietnamese Student Associations (UVSA). Our primary focus is to elevate the Vietnamese American female as a national symbol of beauty and pride captured internally and externally through her poise, grace, intellectual strength, and individuality. Hosted annually at the largest Tet Festival in the world, the MVSC pageant serves to promote Vietnamese culture through language, music, dance, and the Vietnamese traditional dress, the áo dài.
- Must be of or between the ages of 17-26
- Must currently reside in Southern California
- Must be enrolled in high school or college with a GPA greater than 2.50 or have graduated from college within the past year
- Must be single (ie. Never married and/or had any children)
- Have some Vietnamese descent
- Have not been subjected to any criminal proceedings and/or criminal convictions
- Have not committed any acts of sexual indiscretion (ie. Posing nude, adult film, etc.)